About Wakeman Boys & Girls Club
You may have heard of Wakeman Boys & Girls Club, but do you really know who we are? Here are a few facts about our Club and the programs we offer:
- Our mission is to guide and inspire young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens.
- We have been a part of the community since 1913!
- We serve more than 4,200 children each year and offer more than 150 programs.
- We have 2 Clubhouses: the Southport Clubhouse and the Smilow-Burroughs Clubhouse in the West End of Bridgeport.
- We coordinate an award-winning mentoring program at McKinley Elementary School.
- We rely on more than 300 volunteers each year who coach, mentor, tutor, serve on event committees and our Board of Trustees and Unit Advisory Boards, and much more.
- Want to learn more or get involved? Contact us, register your child to become a member, volunteer at one of our Clubhouses, or make a donation.
- Want to stay in touch? Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and sign up for our e-newsletter.