Wakeman Smilow-Burroughs Clubhouse Membership
The Smilow-Burroughs Clubhouse is located at 2414 Fairfield Avenue in the Black Rock section of Bridgeport. We are a brand new facility that opened in June 2011. The clubhouse is open for after school program members Monday – Friday from 3:00pm-6:00pm*. Open Rec is Monday – Friday 6:00pm-8:00pm* and on Saturdays 10:00am-3:00pm. Open Rec is where members may come in and have open/free time in the gym and game room.
How to Register
Wakeman will take membership registrations for the 2017-2018 program year online. Any child wishing to participate in a Wakeman program or Open Gym must have a current membership. In order to register for membership online, follow the directions below.
1) Current members will receive via email a username and password. **If you have not received a username and password, please call the club during office hours 9am-4pm**
2) Click "Parent Portal" at the very top of this page. Follow the link to our online database.
3) On the "Login" tab you will be prompted to enter your username & password. You will then proceed to renew your membership.
4) If your child is a new member, follow the prompts for "Become a Member” and then click "Sign Up”. This must be done before your child can register for a program.
5) Follow the prompts the entire process.
6) Once you complete the online application and pay for membership, you will then have to go back and add the After School Program option to your cart and pay the fee.
*Members in 3rd-5th grade must be picked up by 7:00pm Monday - Friday.
*Members in 6th-12th grade must be picked up by 8:00pm Monday - Friday.
General Membership (3rd-8th grade) - $125
Bridgeport Residents After School Program Fee - $30
Non Bridgeport After School Program Fee - $120
Wakeman Walker Program - $30
Teen Membership (9th-12th grade) - $40***
***Smilow-Burroughs Clubhouse Teen Membership only.
Bus registration is required for members who go to McKinley & Holland Hill Schools in Fairfield. Once you have completed the membership application & ASP Program membership and have paid the appropriate fees, you will then email Jenn Vega the days you would like your child to take the bus. If you want them to take the place on all scheduled early dismissal days, please indicate that as well. firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no bus transportation when school has early dismissal due to inclement weather or other unforeseen reason. Parents should have a plan in place for situations such as these.