Our Clubhouse

Smilow-Burroughs Clubhouse

In 1955, the Black Rock Businessman’s Association and Boys Clubs of America agreed that the Black Rock neighborhood was "in need of a Boys Club”. Despite this designation, it was not until Wakeman’s involvement nearly two generations later that the idea of building a Boys & Girls Club in the West End of Bridgeport became a reality.

In June 2011, following a four year, $6.7 million capital campaign, Wakeman opened the Smilow-Burroughs Clubhouse on Fairfield Avenue in Bridgeport. This 23,000 square foot, Platinum Level LEED-certified facility provides quality Wakeman programs to hundreds of children from the Bridgeport community each year. 
Smilow-Burroughs Facilities

Share by: